Maven Build Lifecycle
- validate - validate the project is correct and all necessary information is available
- compile - compile the source code of the project
- test - test the compiled source code using a suitable unit testing framework. These tests should not require the code be packaged or deployed
- package - take the compiled code and package it in its distributable format, such as a JAR.
- integration-test - process and deploy the package if necessary into an environment where integration tests can be run
- verify - run any checks to verify the package is valid and meets quality criteria
- install - install the package into the local repository, for use as a dependency in other projects locally
- deploy - done in an integration or release environment, copies the final package to the remote repository for sharing with other developers and projects.
Ref : maven build URL